Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Good / Annoying Commercials (and Fish)

This is the fish I made for supper. I thought it would be a disaster, but it was shockingly edible! And I don't care what the judges on Top Chef say, I think the bloodline is the most delicious part.

Anyway, with little introduction, a few Japanese commercials I love and/or hate. (No, that's not a mistake -- it's possible to both love AND hate these commercials.)

LOVE:

One of the less-weird Meiji commercials. I want to play a chocolate bar.


This was a year-end advertisement (hence the praying). That bear should be creepy, but I love it.


HATE:

The jingle is actually kind of catchy, but sometimes this actress's voice sets my teeth on edge (wait for the end for full effect). If they changed the spokesperson, it could move to the "love" category.


It doesn't seem to fit, since it's not a jingle, but I hate this.



LOVE / HATE:

This is a famous singer, but lately it seems like she only makes music intended to be used for cell phone commercials. If you can't tell, this song's lyrics are, "A winter fairy is melting a snow man. A winter fairy is melting a snowman. A winter fairy is melting a snowman. It's a melting snowman."


I loved/hated the same singer for a summer cell phone ad. The lyrics, you can probably figure out are, "Ring a ding dong ring a ding ding dong. Ring a ding dong ring a ding ding dong."

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I like that bear, too! Is the girl annoyed he's praying too much? He just loves praying, girl, jeez.

To me, that jingle sounds like, "a winter fairy is meriting a snow man," which I submit makes more sense anyway.

HollyC said...

Until I saw the title in writing, I thought it was "a winter fair with many kinds of snowman." But it's actually much more... depressing? Menacing? What'd the snowman ever do to that winter fairy?