Thursday, February 3, 2011

Tokyo Sky Tree


Tokyo Sky Tree is a new broadcasting tower being built in Tokyo -- because there are so many skyscrapers around Tokyo Tower that it can't give total digital broadcasting coverage. The Sky Tree will be the highest structure in Japan when it's finished at the end of this year.

There's a nice time-lapse video I found on Youtube of the construction so far:


I went to the closest station to take pictures of the Sky Tree. When you first step out, you actually can't see it -- you can only see the building at the bottom because you're too close. But once you back up enough, you can look up at the tower. I think they're developing the surrounding area, but when I was there, the only things to see were the Sky Tree and... people taking pictures of the Sky Tree.

 I also took some pictures of it from Asu Kannon, a famous temple in Tokyo.



You can tell it's popular, because the partially-constructed Sky Tree is starting to appear a lot on TV -- like the ridiculous crime sitcom above.


I also made some fish. I don't know how to stay what's it's called in English, but I like it because it has pretty red scales. And it was tasty.

No comments: