Sunday, January 23, 2011

Well, it's 2011

Well, it's 2011. I haven't posted anything in this blog since 2009. Oops!

Well, I'm going to try again, but instead of just spending a lot of time posting about my life, I'll probably be writing more about Japan in general.

... I don't really have much for this post, so... here's what I'm eating right now:

It's nikujaga (肉じゃが). What you see there is pork, potatoes, onions, carrots, and green beans.

I've decided to become a better cook, in case I some day have to make food for more than myself. I've managed to build up a repertoire of about five dishes that I ate on a rotating basis, but at the new year I actually went out and bought a Japanese-language cook book so I can try to stretch my abilities.

So far, so good.

3 comments:

A B Campbell said...

Do you eat the carrots?

Seiji said...

I shall call your blog "Zombie Blog", cause it's back from the dead!

HollyC said...

Yes, I ate the whole thing -- the carrots aren't just for show!

Seiji: That makes my blog sound much trendier!